• All drivers (Also Read Trap Speed Requirements Below): Driver must wear closed-toe shoes, long pants, long sleeve shirt, SA2015 or SA2020 rated helmet. DOT and M-rated helmets will not be allowed.
• Vehicle is roadworthy, OEM seat or SFI approved, functioning seat belt, windshield not cracked
• All fluids adequate, free of any leaks and all lines are secured
• Wheels are not cracked or bent
• All brake pads have at least 30% life remaining
• All brake rotors show no signs of cracking or other damage
• Vehicle is equipped with DOT approved tires, in good condition
• Vehicle Must be running a coolant overflow container
• If the vehicle does not have a sealed overflow container the vehicle must be running water or a non-glycol based product
• All lug nuts, vehicle body parts, battery, and any other components are securely fastened
• If vehicle power is 1500whp or greater, a belly pan or engine diaper is required
We highly recommend this for any highly modified vehicle no matter the power level
• 150 mph+ trap cars: all of the above plus SFI 3.2A/1 fire-rated jacket
• 175 mph+ trap cars: all of the above plus SFI 3.2A/5plus fire-rated pants, firesuits meeting SFI 3.2A/5 are acceptable.
• 190 mph+ trap cars: all of the above plus gloves meeting SFI 3.3/1 and a head/neck restraint system that meets SFI 38.1 AND used according to that manufacturer's recommendation (Simpson, Schroth, HANS, Z-Tech, Schroth, Impact, etc).
• 210 mph+ trap cars: All of the above, plus have and use a drag race-rated parachute, we recommend a 5 or 6 point safety harness that is installed per manufacturers recommendation, and recommend an FIA rated seat also installed per manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Rider must wear a full-face M2015+ or SA 2015+ helmet
- Must wear full leathers; two-piece leathers must fasten together at the waist
- Rider must wear full-finger leather gloves with no holes
- Rider must wear leather shoes/boots that reach above the ankle
- Bike must have a chain guard extending at least to the centerline of the rear axle. (shaft-drive excepted).
- No stunt brakes
No matter the MPH all convertibles must have OEM rollover protection or an approved SFI roll bar